No, we're not having a boy. Geez.
I have officially notified the organizers of the Alcan 5000 rally of our vehicle change! Therefore, no more listing of a '69 Torino associated with Tom and I; instead, we will henceforth be affiliated with a 1935 Ford pickup truck that is in some state of disrepair (and multiple states...). On the plus side, this means that we are now obligated to finish the truck, which gives me a little motivation if I'm honest.
On that note, an update on project status! I pulled the engine and trans out over the weekend, and found that in the multiple trips across state lines there weren't any nuts holding them down, just bolts through the temporary mounts, so that was a fun find. I also measured all the frame mounting holes and found a few missing, so I'm going to have to do a bit of welding/cutting/tapping there. Not a major issue, just something to add to the pile of small things that need to get done. While we're talking about welding, I cut out the front crossmember and am in the process of dropping it an inch so the engine sits where it should.
I also brought some parts over to Federal Industrial Services for sandblasting and powdercoating. They're going to spruce up my wheels (6 of 'em so we have spares and I don't have to swap tires with spoons in the arctic circle) and my torque tube and radius rods. I'm pretty excited about getting those back. I also sent off some internal parts for my Columbia 2 speed to the best in the business for some bulletproofing, and ordered some parts from them too which I expect sometime this month. Then there's a little machine work to do on the axle housing ends, and the rear end can go for powdercoating too! Once that comes back, I can reinstall things and have a rolling chassis. Hopefully.
That's where we are right now, and hopefully soon we'll be in the "install sheetmetal" phase, which is where things start to look pretty. Ish.